Here's how to enjoy your work
Here are eight ways to get more enjoyment from your job:
1. Decide to feel good. You'll like your work better if you simply decide to enjoy it. Try it. It's true.
2. Have good, friendly relationships with your boss and co-workers. It makes work more enjoyable.
3. Think about how the job you do helps other people. Helping others gives you a good feeling.
4. Challenge yourself. Set your own goals and reach for them, say the editors of Success! Stretch yourself and your abilities. Grow!
5. Do more than you are paid to do. Doing more makes you feel good about yourself, and before long your efforts will be noticed by your boss.
6. Concentrate on what you like about your work. Make a list of 10 or more things, like pay, benefits, challenge, vacation. Reread it often.
7. Value your job. Remember that it provides for the necessities of life and more. For most of us, whatever we have we owe to our job.
8. Get involved. Adopt the "this is my company" attitude. You may not own the company, or own the department, but you do own your job.
When you begin to feel like it is your company, you will discover a new sense of pride and fulfillment in your work.